CRISIS COMMUNICATIONS | PUBLIC RELATIONS | GRAPHIC DESIGN | CONTENT DEVELOPMENT
In response to COVID-19 and the restrictions which were imposed on hospitality venues preventing social gatherings, the Independent Brewers Association (IBA) commissioned Totem Marketing to manage a national public relations campaign called ‘Keeping Local Alive’.
This five week campaign aimed to encourage Australians to support independent breweries and shop locally during this time. Keeping Local Alive attracted widespread attention and generated over 250 media results across all states.
WHAT WE DID:
- Public Relations: Totem Marketing was engaged to generate media coverage for IBA members across Australia and the #KeepingLocalAlive campaign. We took a two pronged approach, which included pitching to both national and regional media.
- National Campaign: Prepared media releases to pitch to mainstream metro and national media, highlighting the threat to Australia’s independent beer industry and independent breweries across the country.
- Regional Campaign: Worked with the IBA to identify great talent and opportunities to tell personal stories relevant to small, regional communities. This included creating tailored releases to target regional and state-based media, and highlighting the plight of breweries in proximity to their local audiences.
- Design: Provided digital assets for the #KeepingLocalAlive campaign. In addition, we also provided Point Of Sale design assets such as a shelf runner, shelf wobbler, carton design and a poster.
- 253 pieces of media coverage across Australia
- Total audience reach of 134+ million
- International syndication of media results
- Coverage from lifestyle press, mainstream publications and regional outlets, including TimeOut, Broadsheet, Good Food, Channel 10, ABC, Business Insider, Concrete Playground, Herald Sun, 7 News